The Lee County Strikers program provides recreational soccer for boys and girls from four to eighteen years of age. At the recreational level we provide our players with age appropriate training and teach them all the fundamentals of soccer. There are no tryouts at this level.
Our recreational program will accept all kids who’d like to play the game of soccer. Players are drafted to a team with the intent to establish a similar mixture of talent on each team.
We offer two seasons !!!
Our Spring Recreational Season costs only $ 65 and runs in February and March with one training session per week and an in house game on the weekend “street-soccer” style. There are no uniforms or trophies during this informal season. The spring season is for all players ages 4 through 18 (current season) who want to keep their skills sharp and enjoy this beautiful game with their peers until the fall season restarts in September. Games will begin from Tuesday, February 23rd while practices will be start from Thursday, February 25th.
SPRING SOCCER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Our Fall Recreational Season costs $125 if registered by July 15th (after July 15th it is $140) and runs from September through mid. December with one training session a week and a game on the weekend. This portion of the soccer year is our busiest time where we accommodate over 750 children and hold our annual Jamboree in the month of December.
REGISTRATION FOR OUR FALL SEASON IS NOW CLOSED
A parent coach who shows willingness to learn and improve his/her coaching abilities will be assigned to each team. Please contact the Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a coaching position.
Please note: Our recreational coaches are essential to the program!
Teams can be co-coached by a few parents if needed in order to get the kids playing.
FEE: Our Recreational Lee County Strikers fee is $125 if registered by February 15th (after February 15th it is $140) and includes all of the following:
- Florida Youth Soccer Association Player Registration
- Supplemental Accident Insurance
- Wholesome Fun Environment
- Background Checks on all Coaches and Volunteers
- Referee Fees (U 8 and up)
- Professional Training for Coaches
- Full Soccer Uniform: Jersey, shorts and socks
Refund Policy for Recreational Soccer
- A 100 % refund will be issued if a player cannot be placed on a team by the time the first team practices start
- A full refund but less a $ 10 administration fee will be issued if a player chooses to forfeit his/her spot on the team on or prior to August 31st.
- From September 1st on, no refunds will be given except for medical reasons. In such cases a written medical refund request will be required. A club credit or full refund of the player fee, excluding uniform fee $ 20 and a $ 10 administration fee, will be issued. To request a refund under this provision, a doctor’s letter must accompany the written request verifying the injury.