Hello Striker Family,
You are receiving this email because you participated in the Lee County Strikers Recreational Program last year. We wanted to inform you about some changes to our program this year, express to you our vision for the future, and let you know what you can expect this season.
Let me begin by saying that we have heard and recognized the feedback from participants over the last year. We can do better, and we will. We had issues with organization and communication and we have taken active steps to improve our processes, increase attention to detail, and provide more efficient communication. Our leadership and focus on the program has changed. We look forward to better serving you through the beautiful game!
Here are the highlights for this years’ program:
Lee County Strikers Recreation Soccer Program for Fall 2018
• $125 the cost per player
• The season will begin on Monday, September 10th and end on Friday, November 16th. (10 weeks)
• Rec teams will train (1) night each week with an optional night on Tuesday/Thursday
• Girls teams will train on Monday Nights and Boys teams will train on Wednesday Nights; 6-7:00p.
o From 7p-7:30p on those nights, Coach training will be provided by our professional trainers to our Volunteer Coaches.
• Games will take place on Friday Nights starting Friday, September 14th; Times TBD
• There will be 10 games for the 10 weeks.
• Coaching Support and Education will be a key component to the success of our program. If our coaches feel supported, they will be able to provide a greater quality, more enjoyable experience for the players and parents.
Registration Link: https://www.gotsport.com/asp/ application/reg/?ProgramID= 73226&Type=PLAYER
• Because of the importance of coaching support and education, Coach Liam and Coach Martin will run bi-weekly Coaching Education Clinics. Times and dates TBD.
• These clinics will include:
o Club Culture (How we do things here)
o Coaching Curriculum
o How to communicate with Parents
o How to use TeamSnap
o Supportive Materials
• Recreation teams will have access to TeamSnap. Once families are registered with us, parents will be invited to Teamsnap for team wide communication. Teamsnap will also “alert” parents to changes in the schedule and/or updates from the coach or league.
• This tool will foster and enhance the communication experience for all our Rec members. You will have the ability to “subscribe” to a calendar and be updated/reminded of upcoming events.
• Wednesday August 29, 6:30p at Kelly Road Soccer Complex (near Field 3).
• At our parents meeting, our Rec staff will introduce ourselves and others involved with the program. We will provide an overview of the upcoming season, allow parents to ask questions or raise concerns and discuss our vision for the Recreation Program.
• We will also discuss team parent volunteer opportunities; which we highly encourage!
Initial Coach Meeting:
• For our parent coach volunteers, we will have an initial coaches meeting/session on Wednesday, September 5th at 7p at Kelly Road Soccer Complex (near Field 3).
We look forward to meeting you all at our Parents Meeting on Wednesday, August 29th at 6:30pm on Field 3 (Near our main clubhouse)!
Thanks a lot!
Marty, Liam, and Brad
Marty Angus – Director of Recreation
Liam Farrell – Academy Director
Brad Johnson – Registrar & Strikers Board Member